A Family Tradition - Chance and Courtney's Crib

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I made a quick trip to Houston this past week to pick up a crib from Christi. Chance and Courtney both slept in this bed when they were babies. I was so very touched when Christi told me that she saved it for me. I jumped at the opportunity to use it for our children.


My drive back from Houston was quite interesting. The drive was a bit longer than usual, because you typically don't see that much snow in Texas. It was certainly different scenery.

With the Snow Day yesterday, Jack and I cleaned up the crib with Murphy Oil Soap, (it has been in the attic for over 10 years) oiled it down and then buffed it dry. It now looks brand new. We rearranged the bedroom to make access to the crib easy and bought a new mattress and all the necessary accessories. The pictures don't do it justice. Hopefully everyone can visit soon and see how fabulous it looks.



If you read an earlier blog from Jack, you know he washed the new curtains for one of the rooms per the instructions on them. After ironing the wrinkles out, it was apparent we needed to return them since they shrunk over 4 inches. I will pick up new curtains on Wednesday.

Our next project is to create the Family Book. Jack eluded to this in his last blog. We have lots of family helping us out on this project and I hope to complete it this week. I'll post it on the blog so all can see. With the home study behind us the next step will be that our file will be audited to make sure that the agency has all of our necessary paperwork. We will then meet with Covenant Kids to receive our license and sign necessary paperwork. Immediately after that, we will be entered into the official database. All of this should happen within the next two weeks. Once in the State of Texas database, we immediately become eligible for foster care, respite care or adoption.

Till next time,

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment