Robotics Event & Cadon's Birthday Party

Saturday, November 5th (by Jack)

This time last year, I would have been deep in the middle of a huge robotics tournament. I have put on 10 big tournaments in the last three years. Things changed last December and I have re-prioritized my life to spend more time with X and A. When it comes to these big tournaments, I now only consult (and often provide some of the hardware to make them happen).

X and I went to check up on the VEX Robotics Tournament at Lake Highlands Freshman Center. We were there about an hour and X got to see several rounds of battling robots. He thought they were pretty cool, but was also antsy to go his best friend's (Cadon) birthday party at Chucky Cheese. Hmmmm.... a 5-year-old choosing pizza, cake and lots of games over robotics? I can see that.

We arrived a Chucky Cheeses in Garland a bit late, but there was still plenty of time for fun. Melinda also brought A (who was generously invited) and the kids ran in circles for 45 minutes before the pizza and cake arrived. Right at 3:00 Chucky made his appearance to wish Cadon and the other four sets of birthday kids at Chucky Cheeses that day a "Happy Birthday!" 

A wore out (and got very grumpy, very quickly) shortly before we were going to leave anyway. Fun was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment